PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Friday, May 6, 2011

Lisette Patterns!

I was so excited to find the Lisette sewing patterns! They are trendy but unique enough not too look like you were shopping at Old Navy:)

I made my first "wearable" muslin for view C from the Traveller (Simplicity 2246) from a bedsheet from Goodwill. I wear a US size 2-4 and measured at a size 14 for the pattern. I know that Simplicity always adds a ton of ease to their patterns so I measured another rtw shirt that was a similar style and chose to make a size 8. The bust fit perfectly but the waist was a bit tight. I took out some of the seam allowance and a tiny bit of the back darts and the fit was great.


I also cropped the skirt portion to a shirt length and curved the edges. I really like how it came out:) The instructions were really well written but not over the top. Great pattern!

For my "good" version I chose to make view A. I decided to make the size 10 in view of the fact that the size 8 was a bit tight. The fit is perfect with no alterations!

There is pink topstitching to go with the pink belt. After wearing it for a day I might add tiny belt loops as the belt sort of slid around a bit.

All in all I love this pattern:)

No comments:

LinkWithin